The Department of Classics has called the 15th floor of the Cathedral of Learning "home" for over three decades. In 2015, following an extensive renovation, the Department settled into a new suite of offices inside 1501 CL, on the northeast side of the Cathedral, overlooking Heinz Chapel.
The Classics Suite is also home to the Marshall Reading Room (1502 CL), which houses a non-circulating collection of nearly 2,000 volumes focusing on the history and literature of ancient Greece and Rome. The Reading Room also contains multiple copies of the major reference works required for the study and mastery of the Classical languages, and is thus a quiet and ideal study space for students, faculty, and guests of the department. It is named in honor of the late Dr. Robert S. Marshall, a one-time student and long-time friend and benefactor of the Department of Classics.